Recipe how to make an easy lunch dish
- 500ml water + 2 tsp salt and 1tsp pepper (to soak tempe and tofu)
- Tofu and tempe, sliced into pieces
- 150ml Palm oil (for frying tofu and tempe, can be less or more)
- Butter or margarine
- Red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Caraway powder, as desire (if available)
- Nutmeg powder, as desire (if available)
- Sauce, as desire
- Chili powder, as desire (if available)
- Red chillies, finely ground
- Mix the water with salt and pepper.
- Soak tempe and tofu for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the pan and oil.
- Fry tempe and tofu until its golden brown.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil or margarine.
- Fry red onion, stir until its wilted and smells good.
- Add grounded red chillies, sauce and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp of water, salt and pepper.
- Add caraway and nutmeg powder, just if available.
- Add tofu and tempe, add chilli powder as desire.
- Mix them well.
- Remove them to the serving plate.
- Spicy Tofu and Tempe is ready to serve.
Check this out :
Lunch indonesianrecipe tofu tempe