Here I am sharing recipe in how to cook long bean stir fry (Tumis Kacang Panjang). This is one of daily food in Indonesia and is safe for vegetarian. Simple recipe and easy to cook by everyone
I am not vegetarian but I love to eat vegetables. Whenever I went for grocery, I always see the vegetables and beans is my favourite. Long bean or snake bean is one of my favourite vegetables. Whenever I see them, I always want to buy. But of course I will see if they are fresh and good or not. When I see the fresh one, I can’t stop myself not to buy it.
Long bean or in Bahasa Indonesia we call it “Kacang Panjang” is very easy to cook. Stir Fry is also very common in Indonesia, and for long bean normally we will stir fry as a daily food. Usually we eat this long bean with rice.
Here I would like to share my kind of way in cooking long bean stir fry. But if you have different fav vegetables, if you are a tofu person, please feel free to change this long bean with whatever u like and be wild :D
Here are the ingredients :
(do not stuck on my measurements, use it as per your taste)
- Long bean / snake bean (kacang panjang)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 red chilli
- 7 chilli
- 5 shallots/onion
- 3 garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cm galangal
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mineral water
- Thinly slicaed diagonally the onion, red chilli, chilli, garlic, and then fry them until the smell is coming good
- Add long bean, bay leaf, salt, sugar and galangal. Fry them and put little bit of water (water will make the ingredients mix well and prevent from burning)
- Wait for sometimes and then stir occasionally.
- Taste it and wait until the water is boilling. The maturity of long bean is as per your preference (half cook/fully cooked)
- Done. It's ready to serve and be eaten with rice.