- Football: Ex-FAS general secretary Winston Lee withdraws candidacy for AFC exco seat
2019-04-06T08:54:24Z 3 min read
SINGAPORE - Former Football Association of Singapore (FAS) general secretary Winston Lee withdrew his candidacy for one of nine seats on the executive committee members of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), just before the Asian football body's congress in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday (April 6).
- Football: Man City end Liverpool's unbeaten run, cut lead to four points
2019-01-04T03:08:53Z 4 min read
MANCHESTER, England (REUTERS) - Leroy Sane struck the winner as Manchester City beat Liverpool 2-1 in a gripping Premier League clash on Thursday (Jan 3), inflicting the first loss of the season on Juergen Klopp's side and cutting their lead at the top to four points.
- 'Fantastic' Djokovic eases to opening Qatar win, Thiem crashes out
2019-01-02T05:49:40Z 4 min read
Novak Djokovic took just 55 minutes to claim his first win of 2019, brushing aside Damir Dzumhur 6-1, 6-2 in the Qatar Open first round on Tuesday.
- Cuban baseball players allowed in MLB without defecting
2018-12-20T06:41:30Z 3 min read
US Major League Baseball (MLB) and Cuba's Baseball Federation have reached a deal to let Cuban players sign with US teams despite diplomatic tensions.
- Chelsea alleged abuse: Police investigate historic 'assault'
2018-12-18T05:35:24Z 2 min read
Police are investigating allegations of an assault of a former Chelsea player.
- Football: Salah hits 50 as Liverpool ease past Red Star in Champions League
2018-10-25T04:21:55Z 4 min read
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp hopes talk of Mohamed Salah's early-season slump will be quashed by the Egyptian's double in a 4-0 win over Red Star Belgrade on Wednesday (Oct 24)...
- China wins first gold in men’s para cycling
2018-10-08T09:12:07Z 3 min read
Wei Guoping of China won the gold medal in the men’s para cycling individual C4 time trial event at the 2018 Asian Para Games on Monday, Oct. 8
- Vietnam’s Dang tipped for gold in women’s powerlifting 50 kg
2018-10-08T09:03:24Z 2 min read
Vietnam powerlifter Dang Thi Linh Phuong has been tipped as the 2018 Asian Para Games’ gold medal favorite in the 50 kg weightclass of women’s para powerlifting
- Nine countries without Asiad medals
2018-09-03T14:20:01Z 3 min read
Nine participating countries of the 2018 Asian Games will return home without winning any medals now that the multisport event has come to an end.
- India vs England: Ashwin's Four For Gives India Edge On Day 1 Against England
2018-08-02T04:08:41Z 5 min read
Ravichandran Ashwin (4/60) registered his best figures in Test cricket across South Africa, England and Australia as the hosts lost six wickets for 69 runs in the final session of play.